Last updated Feb. 13th, 2021
We Love Houseplants (“Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) is committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE COLLECT IT?
PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION:
We collect personal information that you provide to us.
• Personal details, e.g. first name, last name; date of birth; current and former address; phone numbers; email addresses; business email; business phone number; social media; and other similar data
• Passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access
• Purchase history; and other similar data
• Other personal data which is actively provided to We Love Houseplants (e.g. in correspondence or telephone conversations)
HOW WILL WE USE YOUR DATA?
We collect your data so we can enter into or fulfill a contract with you
• Facilitate account creation and logon process; manage your account
• Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like (upon subscription to the newsletter)
• Send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies (upon subscription to the newsletter)
• Process your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges
• Develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness
• Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services
• Deliver services / orders to the you
• For other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing and your experience
• We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
WILL WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH ANYONE?
At no time is your personal data sold by We Love Houseplants to third parties, data brokers, advertisers, or data marketplaces. We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations. We may process or share your data based on the following legal basis:
• You have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
• We are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
• Where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
• We may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
WHO WILL WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH?
We only share and disclose your information with the following third parties:
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR DATA?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the Internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
DO WE COLLECT DATA FROM MINORS?
Our website and / or service does not knowingly collect data about website visitors under the age of 18, unless they have permission from parents or guardian. However, we cannot check whether a visitor is older than 18. By using our Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at [email protected].
WHAT ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS?
We Love Houseplants would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access: You have the right to request for copies of your personal data
The right to rectification: You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request we to complete the information you believe is incomplete
The right to erasure: You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions
The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions
The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority - If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
PRIVACY POLICIES OF OTHER WEBSITES
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on the hard disk of your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. The cookie is placed on your device by the website itself ("first party cookies") or by partners of the website ("third party cookies"). The cookie identifies your device by a unique identification number when you return to the website and collects information about your browsing behaviour.
We Love Houseplants is a Belgium-based webshop and therefore follows the European legislation on cookies.
GOALS AND UTILITIES OF COOKIES
Disabling cookies can have an impact on the functioning of the website. Some of the site's features may be restricted or inaccessible. If you decide to disable cookies, we cannot guarantee you a smooth and optimal visit to our website.
TYPES OF COOKIES USED
We distinguish the following types of cookies, according to their purposes:
ESSENTIAL / STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be disabled in our systems. They are usually only set up in response to your actions, such as setting up your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. They are necessary for a good communication and they facilitate navigating (for example, returning to a previous page, etc.).
These cookies are not necessary for the website to function, but they do help us to offer an improved and personalized website.
These cookies enable the website to offer improved functionality and personalization. They can be set up by us or by external providers whose services we have added to our pages.
With these cookies, we can track visits and traffic so that we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to determine which pages are the most and the least popular and how visitors move through the site.
TARGETING / ADVERTISING COOKIES
These cookies can be set by our advertising partners via our site. They can be used by those companies to create a profile of your interests and show you relevant ads on other sites.
MANAGEMENT OF COOKIES
Make sure that cookies are enabled in your web browser. If you want to consult our website, it is recommended you enable cookies. However, you are free to disable cookies in your browser settings if you wish to do so.
To enable or disable cookies, you must change your browser settings (via the "preferences" or "options" tab). The following links will give you more information on how to manage your cookies. You can also consult the "help" tab of your browser.
How to delete and manage cookies in Internet Explorer
How to delete and manage cookies in Mozilla Firefox
How to delete and manage cookies in Chrome
How to delete and manage cookies in Safari
RIGHTS OF THE VISITORS
Since cookies may constitute a processing of personal data, you as a data subject have the right to the lawful and secure processing of personal data. More information about the way in which we collect and process your personal data, as well as about your rights, can be found in our Privacy Statement.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
Please send your written request by mail or e-mail to [email protected].
We Love Houseplants
9755 Ruiselede - Belgium
Tel: +32 (0)499 74 23 72